Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 365

hmm ok, so somewhere along the way I have made an error with the days as there's 3 days left and today is coming up as day 365......... oh well, a couple of bonus days for 2010 and it's not even a leap year ;)

the sun is out and it's finally feeling like summer after all those wet and overcast days the last 2 months.

I've still got a few plants to bring over from mum and dad's and will get there eventually, though the other night we brought this one home, it's my sago palm that I've (and mum) have nutured since it was a tiny little plant in a 5 inch pot.  It's now in a 50-60cm pot and doing so well.

It's needed repotting for a while but I haven't been able to do that, so when we brought it home I popped some left over potting mix I had on the top  of the pot to cover up more of the stem and some roots that had started to show through.

My fascination with patterns and light continues and I love this shot, you can see the tiny felty hairs on the back of the fronds and the layered patterns and light, just nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on images welcome