Only for one post though
I was tagged by someone who's blog I read, Nikon Sniper, and the flow is to write 7 things about myself and ask 7 other creative bloggers to do the same about themselves. Not sure i have 7 of you who blog, but it's a n interesting concept.
choosing 7 things to write seems easy, but.... Hmmm
1. I'll start with something that will shock you all. I am addicted to snow, not just snow skiing, but watching it fall, walking in it, hearing it crunch (preferable to slop) under foot, searching for the perfect flake on my gloves or jacket. To me it's magical, even more so that it snows here, in Australia and I'm only 5 hours away! ok 6 is more realistic.
2. When I was 5 or so my Uncle Keith told me he did the voice over for Skippy, I believed him. he made me promise I wouldn't tell anyone else. At his funeral last year it came out that he had told all of my female cousins (2 plus my 2 sisters) the same story. Unbeknown to be my oldest sister told the story at show and tell and obtained some notoriety for it. haha Ever the joker Uncle Keith!
3. Despite loving my water frozen, I also need beach time, not just want it or like it, but I need it. This stems from spending most summer school holidays (5-6 weeks) at a place called Pebbly Beach on the NSW south coast. It has a very special place in my heart and always will. We stayed in cabins that were originally built in the 40's that for years were powered by a diesel generator, then solar power came about and the owners switched to that for lights. Stove and fridge were and still are gas powered and water is Tank water, so off the roof. There are no powerpoints for electronic gadgets to be charged, or hair dryers to be plugged in, no TV and Hot water only if you boiled it. Well, there was the Shower Shed where the hot water was powered by a Kerosene heater and still is.
Things have changed there, but the bones of the place are still the same and it's what keeps me wanting to go back, it is now my idea of the perfect holiday, holidays should be for relaxing, kids to run around coming home when hungry and all that good kid stuff. I often feel like i need to spend a couple of weeks there to recharge, though don't get the luxury these days. Perhaps for a few days after our wedding? :) (hint hint Brendan xx)
4. When I was fairly young, not sure how old mum could clarify... I ensconced myself in the toilet, which was separate to the rest of the bathroom, pulled off sheets of toilet paper and lit them with matches I'd found, throwing the lit toilet paper out the window to float down onto the back pathway (no I wasn't that clued up). I was entranced with the way it floated through the air while it was burning, drfiting on it's own current created by the heat and any breeze that was about.
Mum caught me and asked me if I'd done it, I said no so she sent me out to see dad who was chopping wood with his Axe in the back yard. I don't remember exact words, but it went something along the lines of "what are you here for?" "Dunno" "did you do it?" "ummm " "Don't do it again"
5. I have to have a cup of tea in the morning before I leave for work, and breakfast, but the tea is a must. English or Irish breaky tea by twinings with a VERY small amount of milk. As a friend jokes "She'll have 8 drops (of milk) I'll have 12".
6. I laugh when Nutmeg (our cat) wakes up from her naps, stretches and falls off the lounge. It's funny and the look on her face is priceless, she does it repeatedly too. I do give her a cuddle or tickle afterwards
7. My all time favourite sandwich is Smoked salmon, (lite) cream cheese, capers and red onions on fresh thick white bread. I know I know, white bread is so un pc these days, but the sandwich just doesn't taste the same with any other bread and it has to be thick and fluffy and most definitely no pea sprouts or avocado!
So there you are, 7 things about me. Those of you who have a blog I tag you now :p
let me know when you're done, I'd love to read your 7 things